Monday, May 12, 2008

monkey business

life is short so you might as well as have a little fun while you are working.  it was a beautiful sunny day today and with this in mind, i dressed accordingly before going out to weed the vegetable garden.  baggy light weight pants that are definitely a little too short, long sleeve shirt, a bandana around my neck to keep it covered and a big floppy hat and sunglasses.  the girls would have been  sufficiently horrified by my appearance.  but i was determined not to get a sun burn.  it was so nice out that i truly did not mind being out there digging up weeds.  as i settled into a rhythm and my mind began to wander, i found myself listening to the siamangs at the zoo.  they make a loud whooping call that we can hear in our yard.  it reminded me that earlier in the day, i found myself listening to the white handed gibbons.  being so close to the zoo is nice, we can watch elephants and giraffes when we walk the dog near the zoo property some times.
siamang information:  www.honoluluzoo.org/siamang.htm
white handed gibbon information:  www.honoluluzoo.org/whitehanded_gibbon.htm

No comments: